2010-02-09

Gaylee Yunupingu Needs A Truck!

Gaylee Yunupingu Needs A Truck!
By Omaxa bin Eartha
09/02/10.

The Bush Telegraph this morning told me that the Arhnem Land Lady, Gaylee Yunupingu needs a vehicle to collect the raw materials for her Artworks, etc.

Well, I reckon there's one on the way as we speak, Darlin'!

But I heard also that you were thinking of a Toyota Troopie with a roof rack? I'm a city boy really, so ain't much worth listening to, but I reckon the Troopie with a roofie would be too high for you, both for loading, and for when you're traipsing through the dunes and rough-stuff, aye?

Not that I can recommend a more suitable vehicle......., but don't put yourself in danger Darlin!

Another thing which floated into my mind, is that I reckon you're worthy of a grant, from Canberra or Darwin, to start and maintain a re-planting project.

Why?

When I travel the bush, I'm reminded that if we take too much of the old timber, and stuff, either for campfires etc, or for making Didgeridoos etc, we deplete the terrain of it's “hummus”, the stuff the land needs to stay nourished from the timber and foliage which breaks down and turns back into fertile soils.

Gaylee would know more about that than me, and more than the government. So I reckon Gaylee and her Family should be given a grant to start a regeneration project wherever they wander, to help replenish the bush. Plant a tree for each Didgeridoo!

Dunno? Just a thought. Hyuk!

No comments: