2011-04-06

Latham on Sky a refreshing REALPolitik face

110406W

Latham on Sky a refreshing REALPolitik face

Strange how things work, aye?

Yesterday, amidst my own ongoing trauma, I was for some unknown reason inclined to tune-in to Sky news on my mobile.

Having become disgusted with that channel's behaviour in the lead-up to the 2010 federal election, I've watched it little since.

But yesserday, I chose Sky to get their handle on Aussie news, as it was coming up to the top-of-the-hour.

I blew a gust of disgust when their latest talking head lead-off, one 'Paul Murray', who is a copy of Melbourne radio's Derrin Hinch, beard and all, knowing that this Paul fella, is but a mouth-piece for the Murdoch stable's right wing unreal-political garbage.

But my sour-puss turned upside down when he announced he was about to have a chat with Mark Latham, ex-ALP federal leader, and upto the 2004 federal election, perhaps Australia's best chance in parliament to break the hexes the whole of our political charade has been subject to for some 203 years.

(As usual, being the mushroom I am made to be, I didn't know that Mark has regular appearances with Murray, so I'll be watching Sky a bit more often, it seems.)

So I stayed tuned-in to Sky, and was justified, once more, for supporting Mark way back in the year or so prior to the 2004 election, before he was the ALP leader, when the ALP was floundering around looking for another publicly acceptable federal leader, after the Big Fella, Kim Beazley found he didn't have the UMPFFPH! to lure the voters.

Mark, on Sky, was up-beat, as-they-say, no doubt knowing he had to play-it-up-a-bit for tele, but showed his old sharp, decisive political acumen, which had me side with him for the ALP leadership 7 years ago, with a lighter, more pleasant, more jolly character topping the appearance off.

Bravo, Markus!

He admitted that his updated book “The Latham Diaries” is less demure than the first edition from before '04, and he showed on the program that he has NOT lost-it, and has still 'got-it', even though he has been keel-hauled by friend (in Aussie politics? I don't think so!) and foe alike, since his tragic physical crisis just days before the 2004 election.

I was elated by his assessment of our political farce, saying that the future will be focused toward a green agenda, and will drift away from the traditional Labor/Liberal view of things.

Today, perhaps, (I'm trying to make the stainless-steel skin for my travelling tarpaulin 4x4 tent!) I'll go online and hopefully download the Sky Latham interview, to watch it again so I can add more points to this e-ssay.

But, while I would advise Mark to avoid thinking about any re-try at politics, because I reckon he's too Good for the bastards, there's no doubt in my mind that he has still got megatons of 'the smarts' to offer Australia yet, and I predict that we have not seen the last of Master Latham.

Nor, should we! No matter what his Labor knife-throwers assert!

Of course, the question arises whether his talents may be wasted if he did not re-enter the political fray.

That's definitely the case, methinks, so what, where might he best fit?

Hohoho! A few blogposts herein ago, I put it that the future will see other 'Greens' parties form, mainly I think because the present Senator Bob Brown-led federal and state 'Greens' has not been greeted by the voters as highly as they, and I, had hoped.

There seems to be hidden issues behind the Greens here, which may be of an 'extreme-left' nature, but may also be of a homosexual nature.

But, as suggested by more than a few, the Greens are propped-up by Senator Bob Brown, who is now 67, and will want to consider retirement not too far into the future. So without something more substantial holding the Greens together, the current party may soon enough go the same way as the Australian Democrats.

So as Mark Latham said yesterday, our politics shows that it will move toward a 'green' agenda with or without the current Greens party.

So, it would follow, that if Mark sees his Destiny in tomorrow's political sphere, then he, and a selection of other Notable politicians and Credible public figures, may be the Collective that Australian politics needs to form a 21C Green or perhaps even an 'Environmental Law Party' in the coming years?

Personally, I'd consider re-registering to vote, if that came to be.

But no doubt Mark Latham has a far deeper, better handle on politics, and on REALPolitiks than I, and he sees things as they are, not as I'm puppeted to see them.

Nevertheless, even while he has a slot on Murdoch's Sky cable TV, I reckon he deserves support from Australians.

I think he and Kevin Rudd, our ex-PM, and now Foreign Affairs minister, are not the best of friends, for whatever reason, probably dating back to Mark's loss of popularity as Kev rose to similar heights after the 2004 election tragedy.

That they both fell victim to the knives of the ALP's OFFSHORE spinmeisters, a la 'Saachi and Saachi', the British advertising and marketing corporation who ran the '04 ALP election campaign, and possibly the '07 one, they do have some likenesses.

But, as with Latham, I supported Rudd in '07, and remain supportive of at least his Intellect and potential.

They are both youngsters, relatively, with decades perhaps left in them to do their thing in the Aussie political rubbish bin.

So, from here, I reckon they should and could, settle their differences, and in future, be part of a powerful, and Righteous Political Collective in Canberra.

But my support and recommendations go nowhere unless those I might see as making a Good Team can summons the Voter and Personal Strength to Assert Australia's Right to become a Republic, and it's allied governmental policies.

Policies which mean nothing without SERIOUS and Proper, Scientifically-based Land Re-Distribution and Revenue-raising LAWS.

Land Rent for Government Revenue.

Simple.



All Praise the Immortals!

All Praise the Warriors who have fallen Fighting for a Just World!



From the Traveling 4x4 Tent of
King Commo
aka Countryzen bin Eartha
aka Omaxa bin Eartha
aka Max Earth

Outlaw, for
GLOBAL
Land,
Tax,
Housing,
Family,
Agricultural,
Cult,
Drug,
Work,
Education &
Environmental
LAW REFORM

ULURUBA


apologies for strange text size or formatting..., spooks in the machine!