2013-05-23

When Is "Milk And Coffee" NOT, "Milk And Coffee"?

130523 JUST DEFIANCE When Is "Milk And Coffee" NOT, "Milk And Coffee" Edition

And finally telling myself I'm not drinking "full cream milk" or "ground coffee", I wrote and sent this off to the ABC's Nobel prize winning-or-SHOULD-BE show "The CHECKOUT"....:

[In YELLOW to signify "WARNING WARNING!! WHAT YOU ARE EATING MAY NOT BE FOOD!!!]

I buy Woolworth's "HOMEBRAND Instant Full-Cream Powdered Milk 1kg bag, and of late, because the local Woolies stopped stocking my preferred brand, "HARRIS" ground beans coffee, in a 1kg pack. [Economy of scale operating in this ute-hut!]

The milk, suits my pensioner, homeless for 18 f-ing years, budget, and has enough taste to satisfy my assessed need for calcium, etc.

But after getting sick of the coffee that doesn't smell at all like coffee, as I remember it should, I CHECKOUT [like that!?], the powdered milk bag, to see it lists the

Ingredients:  Milk, Emulsifier (322)(Soy, Lecithin).

But no percentages or weights shown.  MORE suspicion!

How much "milk"?  How much "Soy, Lecithin"??

ZO!?

....Sick of coffee that doesn't smell at all like coffee, or taste like...., as I remember it should, I also CHECKOUT [TWICE!] the HARRIS coffee bag to find there's nothing saying what the bag actually contains, as per "contents", or, "ingredients"?

I wonder if the Harris coffee is actually coffee? 

I've heard of these coffee co's using "chicory" as a substitute. 

It all brings one to ask "when is coffee no longer "coffee"?

Same-same, with this and probably every other product sold by Woolworths, Coles, Aldi, IGA, etc etc and-a RAH-RAH-RAH!?

I buy 100% Cocoa Powder [chocolate], 'cause it's good for you.  The same local Woolies has stopped stocking that too, probably because I'm a leftie, in Freemason country.

So, I tried a different "Homebrand" plastic box pack labelled as "Chocolate", to find it's only 15 percent chocolate, the rest almost all sugar!  [Haven't got the label in front of me, sorry?]

As I wrote recently to a Google + "Thinkers" page, these food corporations are essentially genocidal in what artificial additives and GM, etc, foods they flog us.

All-in-all, probably a much bigger issue than you and I realise?

Can I say "time for THE CHECKOUT!"

Great Shows!

Cheers,

Just Defiance



All Praise the Immortals!
All Praise the Warriors who have fallen
Fighting for a Just World!

from the Traveling 4x4 Tent of

JUST DEFIANCE
aka GENERAL BLUE MEANEE

Anchor,
for
Hell's Gate Warmongers
GLOBAL

Advocating
Land,
Tax,
Housing,
Family,
Agricultural,
Cult,
Drug,
Work,
Education &
Environmental
LAW REFORM